Rooted in the Carolina foothills, the Night in the Country experience transforms the world-renowned Tryon International Equestrian Center into your next great country tradition.
THURSDAY, FRIDAY & SATURDAY
$65 PER RIDER
FRIDAY & SATURDAY SOLD OUT
NEW! for 2022, hit the trail for unforgettable views of Tryon Resort! An experienced guide will take you and a small group out into the picturesque landscape beyond the festival grounds. Explore the scenic woods and streams nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains on horseback. Looking for adventure? Saddle up!
Space is limited. Reserve your ride before they sell out!
*Must have a General Admission Pass or above to participate
*Each rider must sign a waiver at check-in to participate
- How long will the trail ride last? Your experience will be between 1-hour and 2-hours.
- Will we have a guide? Yes, one or more Tryon’s professional trail guides will lead and be available to assist throughout the entire duration of the ride.
- Do I have to wear a helmet? A helmet must be worn at all times while on the horse, for your safety, regardless of age or experience.
- Will I fall off? Horses are living, breathing prey animals and they react to the environment around them. Our trail horses are well trained and familiar with many of the situations that typically arise on the trail, but riding a horse involves risk. Carefully following the instructions of your trail guide and actively participating in the group ride can lessen the risk of falling off your horse.
- Can I bring my personal belongings with me? You are welcome to bring light snacks, sunscreen, and any other essential items with you on the shuttle ride, and these items may be left at the trailhead tack room for safekeeping or carried on your person. We recommend only carrying with you what is essential. Your trail guide is able to carry extra water bottles and small items for you as needed.
- What should I bring/wear? Wear close-toed shoes and weather appropriate clothes, with layers that can be removed or added throughout the ride as needed (jackets or vests with full zippers are easiest). Shorts are not recommended, particularly for longer rides. Apply sunscreen and/or bug spray before boarding the shuttle ride, and bring water with you to stay hydrated. You may want to have a change of clothes available once you arrive back at Legends Plaza.
- Can beginners ride? No equestrian experience is needed in order to ride, as Tryon’s horses are well trained and safe for all levels of riders. Inexperienced riders will be carefully paired with the appropriate horses, and guides will provide instruction for a successful ride before the group leaves the trailhead. Trail guides are dedicated to providing a safe and positive experience for horses and humans alike, and are the best resource for all riders who need assistance.
- Where do I go when I arrive? The General Store, located in the heart of Legends Plaza near the main Tryon parking lot, is where your shuttle will collect you for your adventure to begin! You’ll be shuttled to the trailhead and back again once your trail ride has completed.
- What size groups do you accommodate? Up to 10 riders can attend each trail ride session.
- Do I get to pick a horse? No. Tryon’s staff will select the appropriate horse for you in order to ensure the best possible pairing and to make sure all horses have an optimum work schedule (with plenty of time off!).
- Weight limit? 275 lbs. Each horse in Tryon’s program is able to accommodate passengers of varying weights, and this information is important for our guides to have in advance in order to best match horse and rider. Weight limits are non-negotiable for the safety and well-being of horses and riders alike.
RETURNS AUGUST 25 - 27, 2022